Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, October 24, 2021

The last of his name

It means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but our surname of ******** ends with me. I have no children, nor am I ever likely to have any.

My three siblings are all female. Each sister's kids use the surname of their father in the traditional Anglo-Aussie (and Japanese) way.

My paternal uncles only have daughters. Similar deal there. Funnily enough, my paternal aunts only have sons.

Like I said, it doesn't matter a jot - just one of those odd realisations that pops into your mind while contemplating family lines.

And when I say the surname "ends", it may actually continue through the descendants of a bro' of my gramps or great gramps or... You get the idea. But for our branch of the tree it will be over.

Except that's not true, either, especially in the Information Age. Names live on in countless records. Maybe even on the spine of a book. A paper child :-)


Note: Not comparing myself to TP in the slightest. Just a cool book-related image I grabbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home