Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, September 26, 2022

Confessions of a nutty eater

Last week, I challenged myself to eat a different type of nut each day. On Monday, I had common ol' peanuts. On Tuesday, the king of nuts: cashews. Wednesday was walnuts. Thursday almonds. Friday hazelnuts. I ate macadamias on Saturday, and pine nuts yesterday.

It may seem obscene to play such a frivolous game when there are terrible shortages of food in other parts of the world. In my defence, I did only consume a modest amount of each nut, as ingredients in meals. (I'm not a believer in and rarely eat snacks.)

Did you know pine nuts can cause something known as "pine mouth"? Here's an explanation of the phenomenon from a NSW government site -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home