Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Mechanical pencil

A fan of Finnish director Aki Kaurismaki since 1989's "Leningrad Cowboys Go America", I was keen to see this 2023 rom-com...yet somehow waited three years. Blame the Pandemic for scaring me out of cinemas and making me reliant on what turns up on my various free/paid streaming services. "Fallen Leaves" is like a fairytale told with harsh realism. While the viewer hopes the leads will be granted a happyish ending, the odds in their community of damaged people, precarious low-paying jobs and rampant alcoholism are against them. What we in Oz sometimes dub "battlers", Ansa and Holappa own precious little but have so much to give if the Fates would just be kind. You'll root for them, too.

Received this HC GN as a pressie. I don't mind Harley, however I hate The Joker, who I find over-exposed and boring. Considering that, the fact it's entirely written and drawn by one person - Stjepan Sejic - and the known arc, I was shocked by how fine I was going along for the psycho ride. Quality work.

Built a Brawl deck based around this chick. The random critter is taken from the total "Arena" card pool of hundreds (thousands?). There are a couple of other spells in the deck that also have a similar effect. With the right combination, you can summon an instant army of randos! Of varying usefulness :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home