Herkermer Homolka
COMIC COVER (& JOURNAL COVER) OF THE WEEK
Multiple names listed for "U/R/G", so I'll just say, "Well played, team." The "Totoro" cov is plush!
SONG OF THE WEEK
"Hugget I Sten" By Hugorm feat. Ghita Norby (Denmark).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qy0MSvuACY
Commended >>> "Voice" by The Oral Cigarettes (Japan), "I Can Feel Your Solar System" by R. Missing (US), "Candy Blue Magic Hole Flip Phone" cover/remix by Azikazin Magic World (South Korea).
RANDOM TRPG-RELATED REMINISCENCE OF THE WEEK
As a "D&D" nut in the '80s, you met a lot of adversarial DMs. Even good DMs didn't take much pushing to begin issuing dire warnings. There was a term for when a DM took a dislike to and repeatedly - unfairly - injured one PC: wandering damage. Like...they were the character the burly tavern bully targetted without cause or who triggered the swinging-blade trap despite being third in line or whose horse decided to buck them off when a group of kobolds approached. I remember once JH was DM-ing. He was annoyed with DP for some reason and had started to make things hard for his chara. Our party was in a city, so there didn't appear to be any imminent danger...then a literal giant began walking towards us. He seemed friendly, though - the cityfolk showed no signs of alarm. The giant walked over to D.'s PC, dropped trou and crapped on his head from above. "D&D" was a wild frontier in the '80s.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home