Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Shelob lives!

"D&D: Arcana Unleashed - Deadfall" was released today. My copy should arrive tomorrow. When our pal MD was assiduously collecting the original Forgotten Realms supplements in the late '80s/early '90s, our group was deeply fascinated by the Red Wizards. (Even more so than we were by the Zhentarim.) I guess I still am :-) "Deadfall" is a spy thriller for Levels 11-20.

As I type, the Oz men's cricket team is engaged in an ODI against Zimbabwe. Such matches are no longer foregone conclusions. Former "minnows" can beat us now - sometimes comprehensively. Sporting of speak, the 2026 Asian Games commences on Saturday in Japan. Making its debut: Virtual Taekwondo! Yes, with VR headsets, sensors and zero contact. They were discussing it on the Korean news last night. Call me a dinosaur but I reckon it sounds stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home