Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, September 05, 2026

Distant days, other days

As I was coming out of the sushi bar, a family pulled up in their family sedan. The mother exited her driver's door normally. The three kids climbed out of the other three windows like gleeful monkeys. I was suddenly reminded of how much I used to enjoy doing that as a child. Partly because I wanted to imitate Bo and Luke Duke from "The Dukes Of Hazzard"*. Partly 'cos it was Something I Wasn't Supposed To Do. And partly, I guess, because back then your natural instinct was to turn every activity possible into a physical challenge. Continuing down the road, I found that the bridge spanning the local river had collapsed, so I was forced to jump across the 25-metre gap while clutching tight my bag of sushi rolls.

*Blissfully unaware of the future controversy surrounding their Dodge Charger's problematic livery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home