Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Wetware engineering

The supermarket where we purchased groceries today had a Community Noticeboard. Yes, they still exist. It was covered in busy squares/rectangles of paper/cardboard. "Missing cat". "Skin analysis" (whatever that is). A handyman offering his services. An experienced carer also seeking work. Contacts for mental-health support and legal advice. The opportunity to play for a senior soccer team, try your 2B at life-drawing classes or attend a classical recital. The only other specific notice I can recall was an advert for a car engine...which doesn't make for an obvious closing line. Nevertheless, I was glad to see the tradition of these bit-of-everything boards still motoring along in defiance of the digital.

--

If you're a fan of "B/T/T/F", musical theatre or - like me - both, I recommend this 1h40m documentary from 2025:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home