Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Mr Suitcase? Nah, Mr Top Pocket

I haven't paid for a 5E manual, boardgame or booster pack* since before the Pando. I've just been trading handfuls of unwanted MTG cards for game-shop credit; initially by mail, but lately in person at my FLGS. I'm preparing the next pile now ($135 worth and counting). Admittedly, it's growing tougher to find shiz they want, but only because the Oz market is so limited. My collection still contains tons of cards I reckon would instantly sell in the US, especially some of the foreign printings. "Whaddaya mean you don't buy Italian Legends?" I can't complain. The process has saved me several grand since 2019. It's also just a fun, OCD-pleasing challenge; both searching through longboxes/display folders for what's "hot" and then attempting to spend the generated credit to the dollar :-)

*Generally speaking. There were Kickstarters, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home