Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Double agent

I got away with a little in high school by joking around with my teachers. Not doing homework, handing assignments in late, goofing in class... Similarly, there's often a person in a company who lucks into a smoother ride. When I was at Kmart, there was a fellow in my department who worked for us through the week, then performed the *exact* same role on weekends for our main competitor, Big W, at a branch not 10 minutes' drive away. It wasn't a secret. Management didn't care. There musta been many times when he was tempted to send a punter to his other store, if there was a better deal on what they were seeking. Didn't worry me. For one thing, he was a decent dude. As a casual keen for shifts, I was only jealous that he had two jobs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home