Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Two steps forward, one step back

Got to work this morning to find the toys, post-its and other crap that normally adorns my computer pushed to one side. The CPU had been replaced and, on logging in, I found myself confronted not with Windows NT but (the latest?) XP.

Needless to say, I complained bitterly and at length (apologies to any coworkers reading). I then spent the day silencing the bells'n'whistles that were either ugly, over-complicated or superfluous to my needs - which was most of them.

Tomorrow, we switch layout software from Adobe Indesign 2.0 to CS, which sounds like it could be problematic. Thankfully, CM, DL, HV, CS, SC and I are off to a microbrewery in the evening. If I can hang on that long, I should be OK :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home