Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Deja viewing

On the latest episode of "Veronica Mars", they finally revealed who killed Lilly Kane and how/why. The closure was satisfying until I flashed back to "Twin Peaks" and wondered if "V/M"'s gonna be able to maintain momentum.

Early daze, but at least there's "Bones", which I'm really digging (exhuming?) after three eps. Best sexual tension on telly since Mulder met Scully. At times, Emily Deschanel even out-kooky-cutes her younger sibling Zooey.

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Addster said...

Bernie, you're right - the computer modelling they do in every frickin' episode (so far) is bollocks of the highest order. However, the electrochemistry between the two main characters is...to watch for.

Believe it or nay, I've never seen an episode of "House". Every time I try, I remember Hugh's piss-take piano ballad "America" from "A Bit Of Fry And Laurie".

"Am-er-i-ca. Am-er-i-ca. Am-erica, Am-erica, Am-erica. The States. The States. The States of... The States of Am-erica..."

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger David & Mindy said...

House is a great show. All of the episodes follow the same formula but there is enough funny dialogue and interesting characters to make it entertaining. We watch virtually no TV dramas but House has the privilege of getting a "Season Pass" on our TiVo.

I also plan to buy the DVDs of "A Bit Of Fry and Laurie", hoping that it still holds up and is as funny as I remember...anyone watched this recently and care to comment?

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Addster said...

Haven't watched "A Bit Of Fry And Laurie" since it was on telly, but we reprinted some of the gags in our "Funny Buggers" section recently and they still gave me a chuckle.

I think the material will stand up well because it's more about wordplay than topical satire (if the grey cells serve me correctly).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home