Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, February 02, 2007

I'm crap at "Marvel Heroes"

SC, DL, CM and I had superhero teams of equivalent strengths (I was the Marvel Knights - Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Elektra and Spider-Man). None of us had played before. We were all partaking of the same beers (Old Admiral and Three Sheets, both brewed by Sydney's Lord Nelson Hotel). And we each managed to solve one headline (mine was "City block vanishes!"). Yet, when pressing prior engagements forced us to quit the conference room at work at 7pm, I had the least points. Which makes me crap.

Self-deprecation aside, "Marvel Heroes" is a gorgeous boardgame. Between the four of us, I think we praised every aspect - the detailed board, the colourful cards (which recycle art from the comics) and especially the painted figurines that look even better than HeroClix. Actually, we didn't compliment the rules. Although SC had read them properly and DL had skim-read them, there was much referencing of the manual. It seemed to have been poorly translated from the original Italian. Where's Cypher when you need him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home