Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, June 03, 2007

"Who" and roo

There was a Doctor Who Club of Australia event today but I couldn't muster the enthusiasm. Back when I was studying/seeking employment, fan functions (NUGS, NDWSFC, Novatrek, NSFAS, etc.) were a welcome way for my pals and I to fill in six-eight hours. Nowadays, they've all outgrown fandom and I'm stingier with my Sundays. Sure, I would've enjoyed watching further episodes of season three "Who" (I've only seen the opener), chatting to folks and, inevitably, increasing my stack of Big Finish audioplays. But strangely, I feel more satisfied having divided the day between housework and quiet reading.

It's not like I wasn't awake early enough to convey my carcass out to Drummoyne RSL, either. Mum and Dad buzzed by at 7.20am, on their way back to Newie with my sister's car (which they're minding). I loaded them up with three boxes of read books for the mini-library my old room has become. With typical parental concern, they brought me apples, bananas, ginger cake and kangaroo curry. To my swag of early b'day goddies were added a new vegie peeler (trying to tell me something?) and two nifty Corgi die-cast models featuring the Fourth Doctor - exiting the TARDIS with K-9, and at the wheel of "Bessie".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home