Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, July 20, 2007

In other booze...

We had staff drinks at preferred CBD watering hole Paddy Maguire's, so I took the opportunity to try Magners Irish Cider, which comes in an impressive bottle with gold foil around the top. I expected it to be richer in flavour than Strongbow or Mercury Draught, but that wasn't the case. It was bland. I ordered a second just to be sure (to be sure) and, though I admit it rendered me merrier, my palate was in Dullsville.

Six hours later, I was at Randwick Rugby Club for the launch of Jeffery Sayle Ale (he being the patron). While cheap and inoffensive, it was nothing new - merely a custom label job from www.brewtopia.com.au. I sank a couple to support the club, sitting in a padded armchair, watching British Open golf and listening to one of those protracted raffles that systematically eliminate losers until a single winning ticket remains.

I can't believe I attended staff drinks and a beer launch on the same day and only had four bevvies. Nightcap, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home