Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cause for celebration

Healed my mongrel body with fresh vegetarian sushi, then reversed the process somewhat with four light beers. The reasons for this were threefold: it was LA's birthday party, the venue was a private room in a pub (The Cauliflower in Waterloo) and there was a poker table in operation. I took part in both seven-player Hold 'Em games and won the first convincingly, earning me a $60 profit. The second was down to four peeps including myself when the publican said, "Time, ladies and gentlemen, please." (Except he didn't use those words.) Nobody looked like being eliminated soon, so we agreed to a final, winner-takes-all hand. Alas, my best five cards were more like a foot. I've got no right to complain, though, as I had one of the smaller chip stacks. Declining the offer of kicking on elsewhere for cocktails, I caught a cab home to watch the Socceroos tackle Nigeria, beamed live from Blighty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home