Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Shopaholism/sandscapes

We hit all the DorkGeekNerd stores in the CBD. RS crossed off several items on his wishlist. My comparatively meagre purchases were: new Fighting Fantasy gamebook "Howl Of The Werewolf", manga "Fullmetal Alchemist" #15, and subbed DVDs of the folk magical "Mushishi: The Movie" and arty biopic "The Go Master".

Whiled away the evening with Japanese telly (cheers, sis), specifically superhuman obstacle course "Sasuke" and "No. 1 Athlete", a series of head-to-head physical challenges. Oh yeah, and a sand modelling-themed ep of "TV Champions" in which the victors created a multi-storey Colosseum with surreal additions.

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger J P Barnett said...

Ah! As a recently published gamebook writer myself (of another series, not Fighting Fantasy) I am very interested to see how the latest offering from FF is received. How did you find the story, Addster?

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Addster said...

Hi mate. I'll post a short review of "H/O/T/W" as soon as I get a chance to play it. There are 515 entries instead of the standard 400! What's the name of your gamebook?

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger J P Barnett said...

Great! I'm interested to see what you think of it.

As far as my gamebook goes, there are actually three. Two are mini-gamebooks that people can download from my site and the third is my full-blown release through a traditional publisher. The two freebees are called:

- The Wounded Falcon; and
- The Lost Diary.

The major release is called "Invitation to a Feast".

All three are mentioned on my site www.freewebs.com/jumpsterhopper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home