Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, March 08, 2008

First night

* XXXX Gold appears to be the best value beer on board at $4.50 per can.
* Took part in pub trivia. The winning team of six scored 13/20. I got 11/20 on my lonesome. Part of me feels proud, while a different, slightly cynical part wonders if we're the Golgafrinchan B Ark ("Hitch-hiker's Guide" reference).
* "The Welcome Aboard Show" in the massive theatre - seating more than Sydney's IMAX cinema - consisted of Bucks Fizz camp, '50s rock'n'roll and Cockney stand-up. It was hosted by a Canadian who reminded me of Kryten from "Red Dwarf".
* Watched "Music And Lyrics" (2007) in my cabin. A-grade schmaltz starring that charming rogue Hugh Grant and the eternally cute Drew Barrymore.
* Slept like a Hobbit in a hole.

Trivia:
* This satellite Net access is costing me 75c a minute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home