Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Everything's eventual

* "The Hand Of Oberon" (1976) by Roger Zelazny. Fourth in the "Corwin Cycle" of the Chronicles Of Amber. Science fantasy that's blowing my mind - imagine what it must've been like in the '70s!

* Constant craving: pistachio nuts

* "Wake The Sleeper" (2008) - Uriah Heep. As a rule, I give CDs three proper listens before making my pompous pronouncements. This uninspiring pile of scrap metal won't be getting a fourth.

* Might-see viewing: "SlamBall" (starts in September)

* The DS RPG "Shiren The Wanderer" is for masochists only. Die and you revert to level one with no equipment. Which is why I traded my copy for the ace PSP puzzle shooter "Every Extend Extra". You don't shoot as such. The object is to self-destruct and fry sufficient enemies to earn back the ship. This is a game where you want the baddies to come thicker and faster in order to bolster your chain reactions. So far, I've made it to the boss at the end of the fifth stage. Trippy graphics and music contribute to the synesthetic experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home