Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fun is tiring

Turns out my sport spectating schedule wasn't too full to accommodate a bon voyage bender for my workmate KR and her gal pal C., who are heading o/s for two months. Team Drunkard was them, me, SC, RS2 and JA. We began at a pub with no food, shifted to a pub with food, ritually murdered pop songs at an over-crowded, over-priced karaoke bar (apple vodka is vile!), then got our dance on at a club that might have been gay, followed by a club that was overtly gay. By the end, it was just me, the girls and some random dude. Between 3 and 4am, I bid KR and C. farewell and grabbed a cab. I just don't have the energy of a 22-year-old. My "moment" of the night was paying for a cute French chick in a white singlet to check her coat at club #2, because she didn't have any coins. When I handed over my jacket, the cloak room attendant noticed the paperback in the pocket. "I was reading that earlier," I said, "because I'm a nerd." Mademoiselle, in *that* accent: "I don't zink it's ner-day - I zink it's coool." I should have pledged my undying love to her there and then :-)

Evolution: "Sealab 2021" (Season Three)
Fresh fruit: Watermelon Kit Kats from sis AC
Best "Futurama" episode ever: "Raiders Of The Lost Arcade"
Results so far: Jets drew 1-1 (I caught the replay), Randwick won comfortably, Swans losing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home