Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ballsy

After voting in the local council election (it rhymes with "good neighbour"), I hied me to Marrickville for the Newtown Jets' home final against the Windsor Wolves*. The rugby league was rough, the KB Lager was slightly less rough, and the atmosphere was convivial as ever. I soaked up the sunshine with AC, AP and future Jet HP. My boss also dropped by to say hi. Full-time score: Blue Bags (featuring "famous" Amos Roberts) 30 - visiting varmints 16.

Back at the ranch, I used my supreme mastery of remote-fu to watch six further games of football (in four different codes) during a five-hour block. I was ambivalent about half of the results. The Wallabies' loss to the All Blacks was bitterly disappointing. Newie's draw with Sydney FC was satisfactory given our form and their depth. Liverpool defeating Manchester United was a rare joy to be savoured...and raised in conversations with Red Devils supporters :-)

*A feeder club for the Penrith Panthers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home