Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Marco Polo

Whaddaya get if you cross an Italian restaurant with a beer garden? Soprano's in Surry Hills. We - 13 of us - lunched there to celebrate my coworker RS2 reaching the quarter-century mark. I eated crumbed chicken smothered in prawn'n'avocado sauce and a separate plate of steamed vegies, and I drinked Carlton Draught. I must say it was served faster than multiple posters on Eatability had led me to expect. Middling VFM.

My friend AZ and I sheltered from the rain at Uighur Cuisine in Haymarket. While we were there, we thought we might as well scoff a three-course dinner. As we established that any arthouse fillum one of us had seen the other automatically hadn't (thank heavens for the borderline "Into The Wild"), I polished off a gherkin "salad"*, sizzling champignon dish and 48% of our barbecued lamb skewers. Excellent VFM.


*There were no other ingredients.


Back-tracking: "One Fierce Beer Coaster" (1996) - Bloodhound Gang. Cheers, SC.
In B&W: "Dan Cruikshank's Adventures In Architecture" (2008) on BBC Knowledge. I hope they repeat the eps I've missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home