Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Confined to quarters

Woke up with a mild but annoying head cold - nose constantly dripping, face achey. Parents arrived mid-morn, bearing delicious pre-cooked meals as usual. (I tell them it isn't necessary, but they always insist it's no trouble.) Had to miss my niece's third-birthday lunch so as not to risk transmitting germs. Mum went along, while Dad stayed here. I dipped into the aforementioned delicious meals as we talked about the future and followed the horse races on TVN, trying to predict the winners. Was sorry when he had to leave to meet my mother at the station.

Gave the telly a rest, put Depeche Mode's latest CD, "Sounds Of The Universe", on repeat and launched into career mode on DS title "World Series Of Poker 2008: Battle For The Bracelets". PG is of the opinion that it's the best Texas Hold 'Em videogame on any system, and I'm inclined to agree. More a test of patience than skill, though. My highest tournament position so far is second - runner-up to "Fossilman" himself, Greg Raymer. (Or at least his crude electronic representation.)

And now the hour has cometh for me to finally see "WrestleMania XXV". The M. brothers graciously made me a recording weeks ago and it's been sitting on a stack of discs, effectively preventing me from tuning in to WWE programming for fear of spoiling the results, ever since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home