Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The new, as-yet-unnamed* Vegemite

As someone who considers the original spread to be perfect, I saw no reason (except corporate greed) for this offshoot to exist. But hearing the taste variously described as "cheesy", "chocolatey" and "ham-like"(!) aroused my curiosity and I bought a small jar on sale.

I'm not sure about the similarity to pig flesh, but it is choc brown in colour and contains cream cheese. Shame the flavour's so mild - nay, bland. Ever eaten a Vegemite sandwich that had too much marge and not enough of the black stuff? That's what this is like.

In the words of my colleague CS, it's "Vege-shite".


*There's a prize for the No. 1 public suggestion.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger RS said...

This sounds absolutely revolting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home