Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, April 09, 2010

No good deed ever went unpunished

I'm on the bus and I see this overweight, grey-haired dude with a briefcase barrelling towards the stop, calling out. I alert the driver and he waits. So of course the fellow in question staggers all the way up the aisle, ignoring the many spare seats, and squashes into the back one where two young ladies and I had previously enjoyed ample room. He then begins ranting to himself and I realise I've heard him before on this route. You wouldn't guess it from his respectable clothing/grooming, but he's a deadset lunatic. He has some hang-up about women needing to wear skirts and complains loudly when they don't. For the rest of the journey, we are forced to endure a litany of "There’s another one!", "Jeans, tracksuit pants and stockings are not allowed!" and "Why can't they wear a nice skirt with their legs uncovered?" I may be paraphrasing his nonsense – you get the gist, though. The girls in the vicinity are clearly uncomfortable, making me wish I'd ignored the bugger and just let him miss the bus. But you can't do that, can ya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home