Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, June 28, 2010

4,6,8

When you order a prawn-based Asian dish, how many of the suckers do you expect it to contain? (I'm talking about king prawns here, not the widgy ones.) I was discussing this with BC today and we agreed that six was par. That if there were eight or above, it was welcome to bonus stage. And if there were four or less, you were justified in having a spit. What say the shrimpovores among you? I recall a farewell at which a bloke got a mushroom pasta and angrily sent it back after establishing there wasn't a single mushie. I bet the chef felt pretty stupid.


DVD for ya delectation: "Pandorum" (2009), a very satisfactory sci-fi thriller that has plotty stuff in common with "Moon", "The Descent", "Event Horizon", "Armageddon" and "Firefly"/"Serenity". It also features rootin'-tootin' Teuton* Antje Trauer and the savage Sanshou beats of Cung Le. Thanks to my boss for the lend of the preview disc.


*Phrase purloined from CS.

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

For king prawns I'd agree with 6 or more.

I've wondered the same thing regarding cashew chicken. Cashews being smaller than king prawns I'd say at least 10 or more cashews be required for it to earn it's place in the name of the dish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home