Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Le pain quotidien

I'd always wanted to try out a bread-making machine and the Sunbeam Bakehouse was $30 off at Myer, so...

Before I could produce my first loaf, a visit to the supermarket was in order as my bachelor's pantry and fridge contain a fine selection of condiments and beverages, a few snacks and very little else.

Consulting the instruction manual, I decided to begin with the easiest option - white breadmix, yeast and water. However, while I was at Food For Less, I also stocked up on materiel for the more "advanced" recipes (butter, cooking salt, skim milk powder, sugar, etc.), as well as measuring cups, measuring spoons and even an electronic scale.

I unpacked the unit, cleaned the pan, added the ingredients and set it going - noisily - about an hour ago, which means I should have a fresh-from-the-oven loaf for lunch. Will let youse know how it tastes.

My goal is to bake my way up to beer'n'bacon bread within the next couple of months :-)

- Mr Bun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home