Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, November 26, 2010

Apropos of something

An ace heading by m'colleague MW - "Mammaries Of A Geisha" - had me remembering the pseudo-historical melodrama that was her inspiration. Back in 200X, I very much enjoyed "Memoirs Of A Geisha", which I received as a Chrissie present from a girl I was sweet on. The novel was special to her, so it was kinda special to me that she wanted to share it. The bloom went off the rose slightly when she let slip in conversation that she'd also gifted a copy, that same Yule, to another of her male admirers. Privately, I wondered just how many copies she'd distributed. (Cue: mental image of her dedicating paperbacks on a production line.) I'm not casting aspersions on that splendid miss's virtue, but maybe - whether consciously or subconsciously - she was trying to enlighten us to her predicament as the object of mutiple desires. If you've read the book, you'll understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home