Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hakuna matata

On the weekend of April 8-10, a Sir Terry Pratchett/Discworld con is being staged in the frankly unlikely location of Penrith. The Panthers Convention Centre, to be precise. Titled Nullus Anxietas III, it will, according to ausdwcon.org, include an appearance by TP himself, art, a banquet, cosplay, games, merchandise, panels, talks and so on. I doubt I'll be attending, but I can recommend the PCC and adjoining hotel as DL and I once stayed there for a wrestling show. I'll always remember the "Almost Famous" moment in the bar afterwards, when a bunch of brawny, battered'n'bruised rasslers were singing along to Elton John's "Tiny Dancer". No doubt there'll be much weirder sights at NA3...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home