Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Textured vegetable protein

It's funny how when you're young you so desperately want to trumpet your musical passion to the world. For me, that was Canadian prog-rock trio Rush. I stencilled the logo from their 1989 album "Presto" onto my backpack. When "Nike" wore off the back of my high-tops, you can guess what four letters I replaced it with. The words "Rush are gods" came out of my mouth so often that a mate (who reads this site) tried it as the password to my computer account and gained access. From a "head shop", I got a patch with the band's name and symbol - a naked man confronting a pentagram - and had Mum sew it onto a plain black cap that I wore until it practically disintegrated. Later, I bought a Mr Men tee of Mr Rush, hoping peeps might begin referring to me as such. No-one apart from my flatmates even made the connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home