Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, January 02, 2012

Diamond duck

Youse can read about my recent goings-on with RS, BS, PB and MB at Robot Claw.

Apart from the noise level (it's adjacent to a play area and a coffee cart), Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2011 at the Australian Museum is excellent. Not as depressing as in 2010, though there's more repetition among the snappers and I could live without the tricksier shots. I bought postcards of the tree-climbing cheetah and her cubs, the composite image of the green aurora (I know, I know), and the grass snake under the waterfall, so I guess those were my faves.

With the bros gone to visit their folks for a tenday, I gave this joint a summer clean. I then caved to the temptations of takoyaki-flavoured rice snacks (ta, sis) and GummiBursts (ta, B.). Graphic novel "Fables #16: Super Team" failed to excite. However, it did sow the seeds for intriguing future conflicts.

Reaching my "Enterprise" boredom threshold after four episodes...might have to dig out a DVD...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home