Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, March 16, 2012

320–500 lux

The frog blocking my throat has turned out to be Toad of Toad Hall :-( Rang the medical centre and they couldn't give me an appointment but said to drop in around 2.30pm. Unfortunately, that happened to be just when (a) I was breaking into a random sweat, and (b) it was worryingly windy outside. Too late now. I'll try my luck in the morning.

Was supposed to go with the M. brothers to see the Soderberg sisters, i.e. the band First Aid Kit, at The Standard yestereve. CM was kind enough to give me a partial refund, unasked, because he's a top bloke. More luck - the Opera House generously reimbursed my tix for the play "This Is Our Youth" and the Dirty Three gig. They were under no legal obligation to do so, but the fella I spoke to was sympathetic and an absolute champ. Now my week is free for healing.

Incidentals... If you missed the many reports elsewhere in the past 24 hours, "FHM" is folding RSN, leaving "Maxim" as the lone laddish monthly on the Aussie market. And, in no way connected to that - travelling in to the office on Tuesday, I amused myself by monitoring the names of all of the wi-fi networks. Kooky titles I recall: NerdNest, The Royal Axis, Starchild and DONTEVENTRYFUCKER.


Clever little vocaloids - http://bit.ly/tnYc6g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home