Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fangs for the memories

16/12

Trudging from Surfers to Mermaid, sticking to the patches of shade afforded by the buildings a street or so over from the beach, I stumbled on the Royal Queensland Art Society Gallery. Its contents were a mixed bag, but there were a few landscapes I fancied, in particular a forest interior done in oils. Toyed with the idea of splashing the cash and having the staff post me my picture. Ultimately, I didn't covet any of the works enough to enquire about that possibility.

NT drove from Brisbane to accompany me to an evening meal/cocktails/cabaret show at Dracula's, a kitschy castle-esque construction opposite the Pacific Fair shopping centre. I've since described it as a cross between The Bronze from "Buffy: T/V/S", "Rocky Horror" and a ghost-train ride, with dashes of The Muppets and an acrobatic circus. I refuse to spoil any of the surprises. Suffice it to say: a must-visit if you're in the area (but not suitable for children due to the ribald humour).


While I think of it...

TV: "Holy Flying Circus" (2011), a dramatisation of the hoo-ha surrounding the release of "Life Of Brian". Although the portrayals of the Pythons other than Cleese and Palin are patchy, the inventiveness of the presentation is in keeping with the troupe's surreal sketches. Stephen Fry cameos as God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home