Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, June 05, 2015

All killer, no filler

My birthday gift to myself - besides a game for a console I don't own* - was a ticket to see tribute band Killer Queen at Souths Juniors. Did they look like Queen? Yes, especially "Freddie". Did they sound like Queen? For my money, they were close enough. The gig was 90 minutes of monster tracks and frontman theatrics, plus a mirthful moment when a lady let out a hysterical scream in the middle of a song. F.: "Madam, did you sit on a dill pickle?" I would absolutely see Killer Queen again.

Here's their promo vid (recommended!) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuXwrcjhQI

And here's a ghostly shot I snapped when F. ran up to the mezzanine and sang down upon us -



*I'll explain later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home