Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Model behaviour

Philip Segal, who produced the 1996 "Doctor Who" telemovie, has created an awesome website to celebrate his hobby of building (mostly sci-fi) models. Credit where credit's due: I learnt of its existence via the always-worthwhile "Radio Free Skaro" podcast.

https://sprueverse.com/

That mothership from "E.T." on Phil's site reminds me of when I saw the film at the Tower Cinemas in '82 or '83 with my rich pal MG. We'd visited a toy shop beforehand, where - always having spare cash - he'd purchased a little model kit of a red sports car.

In the cinema foyer, M. spotted a pair of girls about our age (~11) and insisted we go talk to them. But he was embarrassed about the model, so stuffed it into the back of his trousers. As we sat chatting to the gals, I could hear faint sounds of plastic cracking.

Apologies if I've told that story on here previously. Or used the same cliched pun of a heading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home