Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, April 29, 2022

Last seven movies watched

I hadn't seen "The Witches" before. It's endearingly peculiar - both in plot and cinematography. Henson creature FX. Had I caught it at the age of 8-12, I suspect I'd have found it deeply creepy.

Hadn't seen "Rad", either, despite the fact I was a BMX kid. Not surprised it's become a cult film. Heavy on the riding/trick sequences, HELLTRACK, weird character names, laughable moments played straight (e.g. "ass sliding", bike dance), guy from "My Favourite Martian", cheesy John Farnham songs...

Pick of the bunch: Undecided. Danish social-circle drama "Long Story Short", French professor-student drama "Le Brio" and American coming-of-age drama/comedy "Booksmart" are all very good.

[Viewed on: SBS On Demand x2, Netflix, SBS On Demand x3, Netflix.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home