Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, October 01, 2022

Recent viewing

"Blood Simple" was a gap in my cinema knowledge. Nasty business! With "Miss Peregrine's...", I'd read the graphic novel once while at sister AK's place. Sweet fairytale. Had also read the Robert Harris book on which historical thriller "Munich" is based. Dunno why I waited so long to view "Rush" (2013). If you're into motor racing, it's effing sensational. And I loved that it wasn't so much hero vs villain as antihero vs antihero. That Ron Howard can direct the shiz out of a movie, can't he? "Ouistreham" - aka "Between Two Worlds" - is a powerful, affecting, not-without-moments-of-joy portrait of people whose situation/opportunities in life mean a minimum-wage job is maybe the best they can hope to achieve. I sometimes think I should just watch French films.

[Seen on: SBS On Demand, Kanopy (used the DVD cover to indicate I watched the Director's Cut), Foxtel, Prime, Disney+, Netflix, ABC iview.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home