Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Bookmarks

I have so many bookmarks. Too many. Then again, it's fun to open a set-aside tome after months or years and reveal a b/m I'd forgotten about. Here's a selection...

SMALL BOOKS

1. This fiery babe is hand-drawn and -coloured. Sister EM bought her for me from a market trader eons ago (early 2000s?). 2. I fished this cool Snoopy out of a Weet-Bix packet in 1992. 3. There was an article on Kotaku lately about collectors driving up the price of "waifu" cards. We were a bit like that with the key women in the original "Star Trek: TNG" CCG (mid-'90s). I have Crusher, Troi, etc., but this black-bordered Ro Laren remains a favourite. Great, complex character played by Michelle Forbes. 4. It's the Doctor and he's in a library - what's not to like? 5. Did you ever see this series? Some of the animals have textured sections, e.g. this chap/chapette has a strip of fur you can pet. Makes reading even more therapeutic :-)

MEDIUM-LARGE BOOKS

1. Present from my best cousins when I was a small boy. They lived in England for a stretch and convinced me to join them in supporting Liverpool FC, which I've done ever since. 2. When RS visited SFL in Alb., one of them grabbed this freaky lenticular 'mark for yours truly. 3. From BS, following a trip to India...I think. 4. Authentic Japanese example thanks to either sister AC or brother-in-law YC. 5. Regular Hawaii-goer CM knows about my passion for hedge mazes (and tree mazes, vine mazes, etc.). I'm quite fond of pineapple as well - not to mention bookmarks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home