Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, March 16, 2023

BDOs

BDO stands for Big Day Out, a defunct Aussie music festival. Never made it to one of those. Homebakes and Hemispheres-es. Never a BDO.

BDO also stands for Big Dumb Object, a science-fiction term for titanic plot devices like world ships. Does the Death Star from "Star Wars" count? I'd say so.

BDO also also stands for Business Development Opportunity. I'm familiar with that usage because one of the firms for whom I work has BDMs (Business Development Managers).

BDO also also also stands for internationally popular Korean MMORPG "Black Desert Online". Not that I've played it. Ignored plenty of ads for the thing, though.

Let's create a new BDO acronym for life in 2023. How about Bio-Digital Organism? No? OK, I'll keep brainstorming while I eat this banana and duck omelette.

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Shane Cubis said...

I submit a term that can either cover dodgy sickies or voter-bribing public holidays: Bullshit Day Off.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Addster said...

Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home