Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, April 01, 2023

Office romance

I think it's fair to say office romance is never encouraged. Indeed, it's often frowned upon. I'm sure I hadn't been in the workforce long before I heard someone caution, "Don't screw with the crew." On a Brazilian program I watched the other day, they put it far more nicely: "Don't get your honey where you get your money." I like that expression.

As far as real-world examples go, I was present when two colleagues first hit it off on a wild night out. However, many of our coworkers didn't realise they were a couple until they moved overseas together! Seriously. That's one way of avoiding judgement. Not that they should be judged. There's nothing inherently wrong with office romance.

Watch out for April Fool hoaxes. A.I. tools are gonna make those easier than ever this year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home