Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Pony tale

I have a ponytail. I've had one for a large proportion of my adult life. If you asked me why I have it, I'd probably admit that it's just force of habit. My ponytail's not an impressive lock like it was when I was 20. It's scraggly now, with streaks of silver, and I'm sure loses more hairs on a weekly basis than I can possibly regrow. I'm in danger of looking like the TV/movie cliche of an aging muso. Maybe I already do!

It's likely I was sporting a ponytail in 1996 when Ginuwine's "Pony" was released. I remember off-handedly saying I thought it was a good song and having sister AC disgustedly remark, "Have you LISTENED to the lyrics?" How many of us dudes who spent way too many hours in the uni computer rooms back in '96 had ponytails (and sneakers, ripped jeans, geeky T-shirts and leather jackets)? Roughly 99.99%, I reckon. We didn't know much about fashion, but we could recognise a killer jam ;-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnoG2dsUk0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home