Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Recent viewing

In my partying period, I crashed at a nice girl's place and when she was making us toast the next morning, she asked, "Do you want a crust or a bread?" That phrasing still tickles me. I feel like it should be a line in an indie comic drawn by Bryan Lee O'Malley. Moving on...

"Bones And All" (2022): Thoughtful '80s-set cannibal road-trip romance. AND: Well acted, directed, scripted. Poetic yet ghastly.
"Can't Be Stopped" (2022): History of Hollywood graffiti scene. Artistic explosion!
"Dungeons & Dragons - Honour Among Thieves" (2023): The "D&D" movie I've wanted since 1982!!!
"I Used To Go Here" (2020): Struggling author/college dramcom pleasingly avoids obviousness.
"The Pirates - The Last Royal Treasure" (2022): I usually like Korean shows/films. Usually. OR: Characters coulda been improved, humour rarely landed.

[Seen on Prime, Kanopy, Apple Store rental, Kanopy, Netflix.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home