Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, August 07, 2023

Werds ][gs

It was noted in "DMW #593" that fans have dubbed Russell T. Davies' second stint as "Doctor Who" showrunner RTD2. Endorsed!

You might know this'un. I didn't until yesterday... "It is easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" - computing pioneer Grace Hopper.

"Teardrops" (1988) by Womack & Womack has been stuck in my head for days. I could have sworn it reached No. 1 in Australia, but Wikipedia reckons it only made it to No. 2 on the ARIA chart. I do recall it being on very high rotation. To be honest, I didn't care much for the song at the time. Now, I realise it's a pop-soul masterpiece (about regretted infidelity). Linda W.'s wonderful vocals have just a hint of raw emotion and every muso/backing singer is on point. I've searched for worthy cover versions or remixes and none compare to the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AOAap6_k4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home