Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, July 17, 2023

Shallow insights into the human condition

I was going to write about the different measures of global happiness and associated rankings for 2023. Then I decided that the "winners", "losers" and in-betweens were entirely predictable. Nordic countries at the top, Australia not too far down. Actually, it wasn't so much the lack of any surprises as how depressing it was thinking about the disadvantaged/strife-ridden nations at the bottom of the lists.

What's making YOU happy right now? I'm glad that the Women's Football World Cup commences on Thursday at 5pm, its 64 matches being played here and in NZ. Since we're talking predictability, I'll be cheering on the Matildas every kick of the way. My 2nd-4th teams* are Japan, Denmark and South Korea. Do I believe any of them will win the whole thing? Nah. The US or Sweden, with Spain a longshot.

*It's allowed - I checked the FIFA by-laws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home