Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Words 6

Heard a gal refer to her neck tattoo as a "jobstopper". While I'm not a fan of tatts in that area, it was a nice design and suited her style (she had lots of ink).

Despite the violent behaviour it represents, "fisticuffs" is an adorable word when you examine it objectively. Like, imagine if we said "kickipantlegs".

When I was a lad, I wrote "PLEASE WASH ME" on our car's dusty rear window and my father got so angry I never did anything like that again. OK, maybe a cheeky noughts-and-crosses game once or twice. At least I was too young to reproduce the classic joke: "I WISH MY [PARTNER] WAS THIS DIRTY!" Do a Google image search for "dirty windshield art" to see some truly amazing creations...

Learnt from a recent quiz program that when a gaggle of geese takes flight, it becomes a skein of geese. Don't tell me I need to learn a second (airborne) collective noun for every flippin' bird species! If I'd known that sooner, I wouldn't have killed so many brain cells with beer and wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home