Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Liquorice twist

While I like liquorice, I've been scared off it by warnings from reputable medical bodies that regular consumption may be harmful for those with heart conditions. Won't go into the science here. You know who's not afraid of eating liquorice? The Dutch. They're famed as the world's biggest devourers of the "black gold". An oft-quoted figure is an average of four pounds per person per year. That's about six bags of Woolworths Liquorice Twists. Even when I was blissfully ignorant of the potential risk, I probably only got through the equivalent of a bag over the course of 12 months. Definitely less than two. I'd never cut it as a Dutchman.


Watching: "Shardlake" [Disney+].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home