Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, August 01, 2024

Parmesan princess

While weeding a little rockery, I was struck by a thought: "This would make a good alien planet for 'Star Wars' toys." Shook my head. Fifty years old going on five. But I suppose, as a scifi tragic, you don't lose those instincts. The thought set me to musing about other things we used as backdrops in our play. The ultimate, of course, were the weirdly grooved, holed, noduled pieces of styrofoam that packed tellies, microwaves, etc. safely inside their boxes. As well as doubling as ice caves or cloud cities, those could also be handy for school history projects. I recall a few of us repurposing them into ancient Greek/Roman architecture as part of dioramas that also featured those educational kits of plastic (not specifically military) figures they once sold at hobby shops. Temple scenes and whathaveyou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home