Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, July 24, 2026

Sharp, shocking shorts

Not bad. I thought they could have made even more of the mad-scientist theme that was running through a few of the strips. But, as I said, not bad. And a "2000AD" standalone special will always be a blast from the past for me. It was so exciting when they'd unexpectedly turn up on the stands back in the day. Now, we know about every single product months in advance. The internet has sucked a lot of the mystery from the world. Speaking of mystery, stop reading now if you don't want to be spoilered on the "Strange New Worlds" Season 4 opener ... Not fussed? OK, well, S4 got off to a Spock-rockin' start with a plot involving both Martians and dinosaurs! The writing was tight, the CGI was on point and, while the ending was a bit downbeat, there were multiple memorable scenes - I'm still thinking about the connotations of the ep this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home