Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, July 30, 2006

58%

Just undertook "The Ultimate SFX TV Quiz", a CD-ROM produced as a freebie by "SFX" magazine. There were 15 rounds of 10 short-answer questions about various sci-fi shows, a bonus round of 20 short-answer questions about the five live-action "Star Trek" series, and three increasingly difficult rounds of 50 assorted "quickfire" multi-choice questions. I struggled with some of the old shows I barely saw as a child (eg. "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea") and new shows that haven't made it here yet (eg. "Life On Mars"). The plethora of Gerry Anderson puppet series also proved as painful as ever. But all whinging aside, I managed to answer 186/320 correctly, giving me a score of just over 58%. Hmmm...that doesn't sound very impressive. Maybe I'm not the sci-fi nerd I thought I was. Ah, who am I kidding? I just spent two hours doing "The Ultimate SFX TV Quiz", then writing up the results for my blog. Not to mention inserting the words "live-action" above so no-one would think I'd forgotten the "Star Trek" cartoon from the 70s.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Addster said...

I agree with B. that the original "Tomorrow People" probably won't stand up nowadays. But did you know they're still making it, as a series of audiobooks? It's done by Big Finish, the company responsible for the "Doctor Who" audios. See - www.bigfinish.com/tpeople/index.shtml

 

Post a Comment

<< Home