Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Just like Mother used to make

My favourite Sydney restaurant is Mother Chu's Vegetarian Kitchen in Pitt St. Although I've never managed to stay vego for longer than three months, I love the variety of their dishes and how healthy the food makes me feel. Besides the obvious - vegetables, fruit and nuts - their chefs use tofu, tempeh, several mushrooms/fungi, gluten, konyaku and more to create a menu I haven't mastered after 20+ visits. Tonight, I went for the Taiwanese-style gluten and vegetables, a pleasantly sour (no, really) dish flavoured with chilli and ginger and heavy on the eggplant. Another nice thing about Mother Chu's is they've learnt that whatever I order, I want it with brown rice and green tea. They also no longer have to be asked to slip a fork in alongside my chopsticks.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Addster said...

I had no idea he'd passed away! It feels like something special has gone out of the world.

Ever since you lent me "Ghost King" in year 11, I've been devouring Dave's every new book.

But I have more to thank him for than heroic fantasy of unmatched action and emotional depth.

His novels helped my dad finally understand what I saw in fantasy - and forged a new bond between us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home