Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tea ceremony

Green tea's my leaf of choice these days but I used to venture further afield. After working my way through the Twinings range and much of what else was available at the local supermarkets, I took to visiting the The Tea Centre (Glass House Arcade, off the Pitt St Mall) on a weekly basis. Of their many house blends, I found the variety I liked best was quince. Recently, I picked up a packet (a small packet - it's $100/kg!) of the heaven-scented stuff for old times' sake and broke it out after dinner tonight. Settling down with a full pot, my fave mug and a new videogame mag was bliss...for a while. Glutton that I am, I made it too strong and drank too much and now I'm buzzing. There's a lot to be said for dainty cups of green tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home